Funeral planning can be a difficult process while grieving the loss of a loved one. Having a funeral provides those who are grieving a place to receive support, come to terms with their loss, say goodbye, and honor their loved one's life. Being surrounded by family and friends lets everyone share stories and memories and creates a lasting support system as everyone begins their grief journey.
Review our burial and cremation services and payment options below, then contact our staff with any questions.
Serving South Tulsa, West Tulsa, Bixby, Jenks and Haskell, OK areas.
Depending on your personal preferences, there are several services to choose from for a loved one’s burial:
- For immediate burial, your loved one will be buried or entombed without a public service or gathering.
- A visitation, also called a viewing, calling hours, or wake, lets everyone gather together in a room with your loved one in an open or closed casket to say goodbye and comfort the bereaved.
- Funeral or memorial services can be held at a funeral home, church, or even your home. The service is for celebrating and honoring your loved one’s life. Both the visitation and service can be personalized to your loved one’s passions.
- Graveside, chapel, or committal services take place at the cemetery. They let everyone be present as their loved one is transferred to his or her final resting place through ground burial.
For cremation services, we strongly encourage you to hold a visitation and funeral service to honor your loved one’s life. After the cremation and services, there are several options for your loved one’s final disposition:
- Interment is when you bury or entomb your loved one's cremated remains. This can be in a family plot, memorial site, cremation niche or urn garden, or other indoor and outdoor locations. Please reach out to our staff for a detailed list of interment options.
- Graveside cremation services are similar to traditional ground burials, as everyone is at the burial of the cremated remains and honor your loved one through other meaningful tributes.
- Scattering is when you spread your loved one's cremated remains in a memorial garden, cemetery, over water, or another significant location. You also can choose to scatter some of the cremated remains and retain the rest in an urn for interment or another form of disposition.
- By placing cremated remains in multiple urns, family members who live in different locations can each have their loved one's final resting place close to them.
We don't want your family to feel like you must settle on arrangement options due to your financial circumstances. That’s why Marker Funeral Homes offers multiple online payment options to help you plan the funeral that your loved one deserves:
- We accept payments online via all major credit cards — Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover. You can use our online payment platform to conveniently and securely pay by a credit card today. Use e-Pay to make a payment to Marker Funeral Homes.
- With eChecks or ACH payments, you can transfer funds directly from your bank account to pay for funeral services.
- We offer crowdfunding for funeral services, memorial funds, and other expenses. We have all the features of other major crowdfunding sites with less fees.
- If your loved one has a life insurance policy you want to use for funeral expenses, please reach out to us. We can get a portion of your claim funded immediately instead of waiting 30-90 days for the insurance companies to pay out. We’ll also handle all the paperwork, saving you time and stress.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or want more information.